Gra eMOCje :
Up to 50 players
Before you start:
1. In a group of 7 people, everyone can play on their own (please note the rounds will take longer in that case)
2. With bigger groups, it is good to divide them into pairs or teams of no more than 4-5 individuals per team.
3. Each group is given cards: „ Mam propozycję” and „ Mam pomysł”
The cards will be necessary till the end of round 5.
4. The game consists of 5 rounds, in each round there is one emotion drawn from the set of 35.
The purpose of the rounds is to learn how to:
– recognize emotions in oneself and others
– name emotions
– express emotions with one’s body and facial expressions
– express emotions with behaviors that are not intended to hurt oneself or others
– look for ways to express emotions
The set consists of:
Cards with pictures/ behaviors – 50
Paper strips with names of emotions – 35
„Mam propozycję” cards – 7
„Mam pomysł” cards – 7
Cards with the names of all emotions –
How to play:
Playing the eMOCje game can be a great introduction to talking about emotions.
Emotions accompany us every day. There is no man in the world who does not feel them. Everything we do evokes joy, sadness, fear, curiosity, resentment, rage, contentment, jealousy, etc. Every emotion is necessary.
Emotions are also undoubtedly important in interpersonal contacts.
That is why it is worth taking care of them both in terms of showing and recognizing them in others.
It’s important to learn different kinds of emotional responses, ones that won’t hurt us or others.
Many people have a problem with showing happiness or joy, they even cringe inside, as if they didn’t want to show how happy they are.
Yet even joy can be shown in a hundred different ways. You can jump for joy, you can hug someone, you can just say „I’m so happy, I’m so happy”.
Emotions are guidelines for us about how we perceive the world. Many people follow positive emotions – joy, contentment, or bliss – and at the same time they try to negate the less pleasant ones, such as sadness, bitterness, and intimidation.
After all, we don’t feel ashamed, angry or irritated without a reason – there is always a factor that evokes these feelings. It is worth taking a moment to think about it, because we could be irritated by a friend’s joke, which was absolutely out of place, but we could also experience irritation due to the fact that someone, who was not really obliged to do so, did not do something the way we had assumed they should. Hidden emotions often come back with increased force and then they hurt much more.
Realizing the sources of a given emotion actually enriches us, for example it may tell us whether or not our reactions were justified.
We should talk about emotions, but it is also important to listen to them.